Name: Courtney Hocking
Graduation Year: 2022
Major: Political Science
Hometown: Pueblo, Colorado
Hobbies and interests:
I really enjoy quality time with my friends. If I’m not listening to podcasts I’m hiking or cooking.
Other leadership roles & involvement:
- Model United Nations
- Ethics Bowl
- Co-Founder and the interim President of the “Student Women’s Empowerment and Advocacy Team”
- Coordinator of “Go Vote Grizzlies” initiative
Why did you join AS&F?:
I joined AS&F because I wanted to make a real difference on campus. I also believe it will be a great opportunity and foundation for my career after I graduate. It’s also a cool flex.
What are your goals for AS&F?:
My goals are to continue to be a liaison between Adams State University and higher education as well as a liaison between AS&F and our Board of Trustees. I want students to feel heard and know that I’m listening, and doing my best to represent them.
What is your favorite place on campus?:
My favorite place would definitely be the Library, it feels like I spend more of my time there than anywhere else.
- Acts as a liaison between ASU student body, AS&F, and any Colorado Higher Education Student Organization of which AS&F is a member
- Serves on the Faculty Senate
- Acts as the Lobbying Committee Chair
- Serves on any committees or organizations deemed necessary and attends any other meetings deemed necessary by AS&F
- Researches and maintains current information for students regarding Colorado Higher Education Student Organization and Board of Trustees
- 6 office hours per week, spread over 3 days
- Required to attend all meetings (unless excused by President and Chief Justice)