Adam State University- Alamosa, CO
AS&F Government Program Assistant- Adams State University Graduate Student
The Department of Student Life and Recreation (SLR) is housed in the Division of Student Affairs. SLR programming consists of Student Activities, Grizzly Activity Board, Adams State Students and Faculty Government, the Rex Activity Center, Club and Intramural Sports, and Adventure Programs. The Program Assistant for the Adams State University Associated Students and Faculty Government reports directly to the Director of Student Life and Recreation and works closely with the department coordinators to fulfill the following functions.
Provide guidance of the Associated Students and Faculty Government
- Share office space with the Executive Board of AS&F
- Provide day today support of the Executive Board and the AS&F office
- Facilitate meeting planning and organization by attending the Executive board meeting
- Provide ongoing follow up with Executive Officers and Senators and their projects
- Evaluate the Executive Officers once a semester
Coordinate Club Activities in collaboration with VP of Internal Affairs
- Assist AS&F and Clubs with preparing and facilitating homecoming events for Adams State University
- Work with club officer and advisor to facilitate organization of club structure, their events, and other initiatives
- Provide assistance to clubs and student organization through event planning and other services.
- Provide on-site coordination of events
- Assist with planning and operation of leadership programs (2 per semester) for all clubs. The leadership programs should be designed to enhance the leadership within clubs and provide ideas for forming stronger clubs.
- Formal and written evaluation of Club presidents and the end of fall and springs semesters
Candidate must be planning to attend Adams State University to pursue a Master’s degree in higher education, student affairs, or a closely related field. Candidate must be accepted into one of these programs by the position start date if position is offered.
$10,000- 10 month contract August- Mid- May
ANTICIPATED STARTING DATE
August 1, 2014
ANTICIPATE APPLICATION TIMELINE
Application will begin to be accepted mid-January 2014 with a close date in early March. If interested, please contact current AS&F Program Assistant for more information, David Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org; contact David if you would like an informational meeting at the NCSL Conference in New Orleans, LA.
Located in Alamosa, Adams State University is a state-supported, primarily undergraduate institution in the San Luis Valley, a rural and agricultural area of South-Central Colorado, approximately 3.5 hours from both Denver and Albuquerque.
Additional information about the university and the department may be found at www.adams.edu. Information about the community and surrounding area can be found at www.alamosa.org.