Clean out your pantry and clear your library fines at the same time!
Bring non-perishable food items to the Nielsen Library from April 27 – May 15. Each food item waives one $5 library fine, and there is no limit. All food will be donated to the Food Bank Network of the San Luis Valley.
This program does not apply to replacement charges for lost items.
Get ready for the Nielsen Library’s first ever Instagram contest: ‘Gram while you cram!
We know you’re hard at work cramming for finals. Snap a study selfie and send it to us for the chance to win the exclusive right to reserve study room 215 during finals week.
Here’s how it works:
- Follow @nielsenlibrary on Instagram
- Snap a selfie – wherever you study, however you study. It doesn’t have to be in the library.
- Upload it to Instagram and tag it #studyselfie and @nielsenlibrary
- We’ll draw one random winner from all the selfies uploaded before 11:59 p.m. on May 9.
- The winner will get the exclusive right to reserve group study room 215 (normally non-reservable) during finals week.
- We’ll also pay to have a large pizza delivered to the room at a time of your choosing.
Want to have your own game night with your friends? We now have board games available for you to check out!
Games can be checked out for one week and are available at the circulation desk.
The settlers of Catan
Playing cards (2 decks)
Apples to apples
A game of thrones
Cards against humanity (2 copies)
Cards against humanity: first expansion
Cards against humanity: second expansion
You’ve heard of March Madness, but this year the Nielsen Library is doing Book Madness!
We’ve selected 64 books in 4 divisions for you to vote on. Fill out your ballot by the bracket on the first floor of the library and put it in the ballot box. Or fill out our online ballot.
We’ll tabulate the results at the end of each week and the winning books will move on to the next round.
Include your name and email address on your ballot if you wish to be entered in a drawing for a copy of the winning book. Please limit yourself to one vote per round.
The Nielsen Library will be open regular hours (8am-11pm) for Martin Luther King Day.
Our catalog will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on January 7.
- You will be able to check out and return materials normally, but your account will not be updated until the system is back online.
- You can still search the catalog, but availability information may not be accurate.
- Holds placed during the downtime will be processed once the system is back online.
- My Account information may be unavailable during this time.
- Prospector borrowing and lending will be down.
- OverDrive will unavailable.
Want an easier way to read academic journals on your device? Introducing BrowZine, a new app that allows students, staff, and faculty to upload journals, save pdfs, and get journal alerts, all in an easy to use interface. Download BrowZine now!
The Nielsen Library now has 3 copies of The Other Wes Moore on reserve. The reserves collection is located at the circulation desk on the first floor of the library.
Reserves may be checked out for one-hour and must be used in the library.
The Nielsen Library will be closed Saturday – Monday for Labor Day Weekend. Normal hours will resume on Tuesday. Enjoy your long weekend!
The Nielsen Library will be closed on Tuesday, December 17 for an all day staff meeting.
Normal hours will resume on Wednesday, December 18.