The Reference Department in the Nielsen Library seeks dependable and motivated graduate students to help staff the reference desk during professionally staffed hours and to assist patrons when regular staff is not present. Student workers will provide reference service in an effective, timely, and courteous manner. Students must be available to work for at least two semesters. Evenings and weekends may be required. This position is open to Graduate Students only.
• Provide reference assistance to library patrons. If unable to answer question, call on reference librarian.
• Assist users with the online catalog, print materials, and electronic databases.
• Provide patrons with directional information in locating materials and services.
• Answer telephone reference questions or refer callers to reference librarian on duty.
• Assist patrons in finding information and in learning how to conduct research and to find information on their own.
• Sorts reference books, non-reference books and current periodicals, loads on book trucks, and shelves reference books.
• Other duties as assigned
Please email resumes to Mary Walsh at email@example.com