Student Scholar: September 20

Rachel Decker
The Paw Print

Chris Jiron, a junior at Adams State College, has been working hard to achieve the success he has gained so far in his life
An art major, Jiron is focusing on Graphic Design, and that his love for creativity will help him reach his goal of graduation. “I want to graduate and see where life will take me,” Jiron says.
“Whatever happens, I have a feeling I’ll be doing something with graphic design, and that sounds great to me.”
On top of everything he has achieved so far in his life, Jiron says that his most notable accomplishment is graduating high school and making it into college.
“College is not really something that a lot of my family members do,” Jiron explains. “So coming to college and getting closer to graduation is something I’m very proud of.”
Jiron has held his college accomplishment close to his heart, and his pride at success is a driving factor that inspires him to work hard.
“It’s such a privilege to be here,” he says. “Why waste this opportunity?”
Jiron is also involved in many aspects of student life here. He is involved in many clubs, one of his favorites being the Grizzly Activity Board.
The Grizzly Activity Board, or GAB for short, is a student made organization that helps put on fun activities on campus.
“The Grizzly Activity Board was a really cool club,” Jiron says. “It was great being involved like that, and I met a lot of cool people because of it.”
Jiron is also involved in many other clubs, and spends a lot of his free time with friends and classmates, relaxing and unwinding after a long day of classes.
“Friends are a college essential, I think,” he says. “They can be your support system, your stress relievers, your study buddies… Friends really help you in college.”
After Jiron graduates, he hopes to move to Denver and locate a graphic design job.
Eventually, Jiron aims to get a job designing the artwork of movie posters. He says he has always wanted to get a job with Hollywood, and being able to design movie posters is something he would love to do.
“Just think of everyone that sees all the movie posters, all day, every day, all the time,” he says.
“My work would be everywhere, and it would always have a meaning. I don’t think it would get much better than that.”
To achieve his dream, though, Jiron knows he will have to keep working hard. Though graduation is getting closer with every class and every test, there is still a lot to finish up before he is ready to advance.
But Jiron is confident that graduating will not be a problem for him.
“I try my best and I do what it takes to succeed,” he says simply. “I work hard, and I get the results I want. I know I can keep it up, and I know I’ll graduate soon enough.”
For some, success can be difficult to achieve, so Jiron has some inspiring words to those working hard to graduate.
“Stay in college,” he says. “Even if it gets tough, don’t give up. Don’t be satisfied with the basics, just strive to be successful. Work hard, and don’t forget all the resources you have here to help you out. As long as you keep your head up and keep focused on what you want, you’ll do fine.”