Second Annual Art Show

Anna Sturgis
The Paw Print

“Before they were teachers, they were artists.”

This exhibit, like so many art shows, is filled with the works of many remarkably talented artists. This art work invites the viewer to leave behind their familiar and boring world and step into a world filled with new perspective, unspoken ideas, and overwhelming expressions. After this excursion into the artist’s world, reentering reality changed the viewer’s perception of the world around them, even if the change in them is almost imperceptible. What makes this art exhibit stand apart from the rest? Some essence that the English language has a difficult time expressing – so come, see, and feel it for yourself.

When I step into an art show, I like to enter it with no expectations. The first thing I like to do is catch a glimpse of everything I can in less than a second. Then I step back before my brain has a chance to fully process what I have seen so that all I consciously perceive are my impressions of the whole. This exhibit surprised me with a powerful sense of beauty that hit my body like a wave of sweet smelling wind and nearly knocked me out with the force of the surprise. However, the impact of the show is not just the works of the gifted craftsmen and artists, but also the lighting and arrangement of the pieces. When I walked out, I had such a feeling of awe that all I could say was “beautiful and wonderfully well done” to the teachers and to ASC Community Partnerships.

The exhibit is open Monday, April 5 through Thursday, April 29 and there will be a reception Friday, April 23 from 4-6 p.m. on campus at ASC Community Partnerships. The building is located between the Theatre Building and Richardson Hall.

Gallery Hours are Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.