Welcome to the blog for ASU Women. We are a group of students, staff, educators, and community members who are committed to women’s research, rights, equality, safety, and well-being.
We are in the midst of planning the fourth annual ASU Women’s Week please click here for more info.
What we do:
– Publish a weekly blog (guest bloggers are welcome to contact us with your ideas)
– Organize the annual ASU Women’s Week
– Organize a movie night during the fall semester with a feminist theme
– Coordinate women’s workshops on campus
– Arrange programs to help recruit, retain and empower female students at ASU
What we are working on:
– Establishing a women’s, Gender, & Sexuality center on ASU’s campus (volunteers and donations needed)
Stage one (complete) – finding a location on ASU campus
Stage two (in progress) – negotiations for funding for the center for 2017
Stage three – start center programming
What we would like to do in the future:
– Hold an annual award ceremony to honor those who have advanced, helped, and greatly influenced the lives of women at ASU and in the San Luis Valley.
If you are interested in helping with any of these efforts please contact us. We would love for you to join our Women’s Affinity Group. For more information contact Mari Centeno at email@example.com. Visit this link for dates of meeting times this semester.