February 6, 2013
The “ASU Women in Higher Education Learning Community” at Adams State University is a group of multidisciplinary faculty and staff who are committed to advancing, supporting, and advocating for women in higher education. Through a campus-wide effort to identify and address gender equity issues, this group seeks to engage in proactive networking, problem solving, and community building in order to improve the status of women on campus.
- Identify gender equity issues on campus relevant to students, faculty, and staff;
- Engage in strategies to address and resolve identified issues;
- Improve communication across campus in order to inform the ASU community of relevant issues;
- Provide campus-wide professional development opportunities to educate, support, and encourage women in higher education
- Engage diverse groups of individuals (gender, race, class, sexual orientation, ability, and other axes of identity) in critical dialogue and advocacy around gender equity issues on campus and in higher education in general.