College Checkered on Novembeard: Time to Man Up

Brenda Figueroa
The Paw Print

It may seem like a bold statement but I’m willing to say it, November is the best month. I’m sure each and every one of you have your favorite month and you may agree or disagree with my choice but I’m going to explain why November kicks so much ass. Since its humble beginnings in Melbourne, Australia Movember is a celebration of the mustache and has grown to become a global movement. It takes place throughout the month of November and the main purpose is to raise awareness of prostate and testicular cancer. This celebration is responsible for sprouting mustaches on thousands of men’s faces around the world. Amazing? You bet! On Movember 1st, men can register at Movember.com and once they are registered, they become Mo Bros who trim and wax their way into fine moustachery. Mo Bros are encouraged to raise funds by seeking out sponsorships for their Mo-growing efforts. Mo Bros become walking, talking billboards for the 30 days of November and they raise awareness through their actions and words.
There are a few rules about Movember:
• You must begin the 1st of November with a clean shaven face.
• You grow/groom a moustache for the entire month of November.
• No joining of the mo to your sideburns.
• No joining of the handlebars to your chin (that is considered a     goatee).
• You must conduct yourself as a true country gentleman
You may also be familiar with No Shave November, which is a related event to Movember. During the month of November, men abstain from shaving their beards in order to raise money for charity.
All right, so I may be a little obsessed with facial hair but let’s be honest and admit that it’s hierarchy, beards run the world. When one has a full beard, one gets addressed as Sir. It’s civilian law. I hope you all enjoy this wonderful, hairy month and embrace any hairy man that comes your way.

P.S. –Don’t forget to e-mail me any comments you may have figueroagonzalezbc@grizzlies.adams.edu