Adams State College’s Dirty Little Secret Column With the Dr. Love’s

Dr. Chocolate Thunder and Professor Vanilla Lightning are not real doctors or mental health professionals. Their advice should not be taken seriously.

Dear DLC, I was interested in this guy, but lately he’s gotten really annoying.  I’m talking texts constantly that say “How is your day?” or “What are you thinking?” and if I don’t write back, “Are you mad at me?”  I am at a loss what to do, because he really is a nice guy. Please help!

CT: So this guy sounds like a stage five clinger! I can see where your coming from, it must be super annoying to be bugged constantly especially when you’re super busy. I can also see where he’s coming from though. He’s thinking that because this is new he really wants to impress you. All his buddies probably told him that he needs to reassure you of his feelings by communicating with you constantly. So the conclusion is this he’s probably a really great guy just like you said, just taking really bad advice. So let him know in a nice way that your just too busy to reply to his every text message, but that you think he’s a great guy and you do want to get to know him.

VL:  I think the word “was” says a lot.  You need to decide if the constant texting is going to be a deal breaker for you.  If its not, you need to just let him know, that while you want to talk to him, it doesn’t need to be every hour.  If it is, I don’t want you writing in next week about how the next guy doesn’t communicate with you enough.  I mean really, what girl complains about over-communication?  Females everywhere: you need to make up your minds.

Dear DLC,  While the power was going through issues on Wednesday, me and this guy got to having fun in the dark, deserted SUB.  When the lights went on again, however,  his buddy caught us.  Now its super awkward, how should I handle this?

CT: I think the only reason the situation is awkward is because you are making it that way. You guys had some fun, and it only ended because the stupid electricity went on at the wrong time.  Just don’t think about it to much and overanalyze it.  Next time just be sure to be in a more private area, where you have control over the lighting.

VL: I’m the kind of person  that would have fun with this kind of thing.  Make jokes about the whole situation, like say “Can you hit the lights on your way out?” when he leaves the room.  If you act like it doesn’t bother you, his friend won’t think that much of it.  Its up to you to make the situation awkward or not.

Dear DLC, I’m getting bored with my girlfriend all we do is fight.  Every conversation escalates to an argument. She is constantly accusing me of cheating, so I did something stupid, I actually cheated. The hookup was out of spite, and now I feel guilty should I tell my girlfriend the truth?

VL:  First off, guys like you are the reason if I ever have a daughter, she’s never going out.  That being said, maybe you should think about the reasons behind why you cheated.  If your relationship only consists of constant fighting, it certainly doesn’t sound like a relationship I would want to be a part of.  Her excessive accusations contributed to your unfaithfulness (you don’t get to blame her for the whole decision.)  Now, if you decide you want to stay with this girl, and I’ll pray for the poor girl if you do, you need to tell her the truth.  And when you do, if she doesn’t leave your cheating ass, you better keep yourself in check from now on.

CT: Hate to break it to you buddy, but this entire relationship sounds like a doomed disaster. She’s mad cause she thinks your cheating, imagine how angry she’ll be when she actually finds out you did. My advice is break it off, I mean you’re bored and fighting constantly I don’t see a better solution then to just end it before it get worse. Get out while you still can!