A Dreamer’s Dream of Eternal Life or Pure Madness

Jake Hughes

Neuroscience Experts Set their Sights on 2045, and the Possibility of Eternal Life.
During a conference at Lincoln Center in New York, some of the world’s most inspiring human masterminds gathered to discuss the possibility of our minds out living our bodies.
It sounds like something out of the future or, a cartoon that I’m sure you can all think of, Futurama.
The desire for eternal life has driven some experts to obsess and plan vigorous and somewhat unobtainable schedules. One particular schedule of multimillionaire Russian, Dmitry Itskov, has a time bending schedule that is meant to obtain immortality by the year 2045. To even think this far out of the box is mind boggling.
Even thinking about our mind and body being two different entities is madness. Although this topic has been around the block and is highly debated in history, particularly in Psychology, could we really have the answer that soon?
According to one wacky leader of the “Evolution 2045” party, which consist of a mixed bag of leading scientists, technologists, entrepreneurs and spiritual leaders, the answer is yes, we could have immorality in the next three decades. By 2020 the experts believe we will be able to control robots with our brains. By 2025 we will separate the brain and the body. Ten years later, 2035, experts say we will be able to transfer our brains into a computer. Then a mere century later, 2045, the group labels this period technological nirvana.
The brain now becomes an artificial device that controls a hologram of a body. Itakov seems to be a very philosophical man who knows where he’s going and how to get there.
His mission for some kind of deeper consciousness drives him to question our stereotypical procreation questions and our need to factor in religion into the meaning of life equation. He even questions the state of death a person goes into when he dies. The dreamer even goes as far as saying “If the technology advances, I think there will be no need for biology at all.”
But, really, would any of you even want this? An artificial life in a computer with a hologram for a body, I don’t think so. I mean the fundamentals of our being would be obsolete, the loss of touch and social interaction. No thanks, Good luck with that.
The ideology of humans throughout history has been around evolution. Maybe this is just one step more in our evolutionary goal. Great thinkers like Plato, Socrates, and Confucius thought outside the box to evolve human kind. Maybe Dmitry Itakov is the next. Our civilization is faced with a series of global pandemics, all which have the power to cripple if not crumble the human race.
Itakov, says that “anthropological, economic, political, ecological and genetics” are all contributing factors to the rising crises we face on a planetary level.’ It’s hard to get my head round that in my life time I could potentially see artificial life that stems from the human race.
I can’t imagine uploading myself to a computer where I will have a hologram for a body. The creation of a conscious human in computer form doesn’t appeal to me, sorry, I’m out.