Testimonials

The Adams State Altitude Training Camp was definitely the most rewarding opportunity that I had all summer. I had always wanted to go out to the West to train, and this camp was my ticket to venture out there. I learn so much about, not only running and training, but about my potential and my passion for the sport. I met some incredible people whom I foresee having lasting relationships with and I walked away from the experience with a whole new outlook on running. It was the perfect way to spend the majority of my summer! Kate Borowicz

“The high altitude camp at Adams State was one of the coolest things I have ever had the chance to experience. Spending two months learning from great coaches, running with great athletes, using second to none facilities, and training in one of the best training areas in the U.S is something every runner can benefit from no matter what their ability level. Alamosa has a great distance running history and is a perfect training atmosphere for summer running. Plus, what can be better than waking up to the view of Mt. Blanca every morning?” Stephen Thomas Hammond

“Coming to the High Altitude Training Center was definitely one of the best decisions of my life. I learned a ton about training and was able to carry it over for the next season. I was also able to gain phenomenal training in a wonderful environment. Also, I made many new friends and training  partners that I look forward to seeing throughout the upcoming season.” NaseemHaje

“I spent the summer of 2012 at the High Altitude Training Center at Adams State University.  This was one of the greatest experiences I have had in my running life.  The opportunity to learn from Coach Damon Martin and Dr. Joe Vigil was second to none.  These are two of the best experts in regards to altitude training and training methodology.  I would best describe the High Altitude Training Center as an educational experience which provides the knowledge base for any runner or coach to take their abilities to the next level. The High Altitude Training Center also offers a great training environment.  Training with and getting to know the Adams State runners made for a great summer.  Training with the nation’s greatest collegiate endurance athletes gave me a whole new perspective on how to be the best runner I can be.  The runners on the team are also great people and helped make my summer in Alamosa better than any other before.  Thanks to Coach Martin and the team for a great welcoming experience to Adams State.” Jake Krolick