We are pleased to announce that we will be holding a vaccine clinic for all students, faculty and staff as well as the community, tomorrow Tuesday, May 4th from 1:00 PM- 7:00 PM in the Plachy Hall parking lot. Both Johnson and Johnson and Pfizer vaccine doses will be available. If you are interested in registering, please see below for details, including a link to register for an appointment.
When and where?
- Walk-up or pre-register for the event
- Location: Adams State University, Plachy Hall parking lot (east of the large white “bubble” building)
- Date/Time: Tuesday, May 4th, 1:00 PM -7:00 PM
How do I register?
- Schedule an appointment at this link: https://alamosa-54.youcanbook.me
- You can also walk-up to the mobile testing unit and register with the onsite staff
Why get the vaccine?
Additional benefits of being vaccinated beyond the protection it provides against infection of COVID-19:
After being fully vaccinated:
- You will not need to quarantine if you are identified as a “close contact” of someone who tests positive for COVID-19.
- You can rest a little easier when visiting your family and friends knowing you are doing your part to protect them from the virus
- You are helping to ensure our campus remains safe and open for face-to-face classes and other events as we head into summer and fall semesters
- Student-athletes will be able to participate more fully in sports without being sidelined by quarantine
- While not 100% effective of preventing COVID-19 infection, when paired with continued masking and social distancing, getting vaccinated provides the best protection against infection of COVID-19
- You are helping our community and country move closer to herd immunity which helps protect those who medically cannot get vaccinated.
**** Additional Information and Resources ****
To learn more about the vaccine and get answers to your common questions, please visit the links below:
State of Colorado website on COVID-19 vaccines