Wow the past couple of weeks have flown by! I guess with finals coming up everyone is really busy studying or not studying for tests (not studying by means of staring pointlessly at the computer screen). Things have been so crazy here! I have two MAJOR projects due, along with 3 tests and mock trial work to do and the best part is that there is only 2 and a 1/2 weeks left before the end of semester. I feel like all I’ve been doing is working and working on homework. I have had sometime to relax a little luckily. Two weekends ago we went rock climbing out side of Monte Vista at a place called Lime Kiln. It was a ton of fun. I attempted to lead a 5-8 route and climbed a fun little crack in the rock. It was a beautiful day on top of everything :) It was so cool that in late November we could be out climbing rocks on a 60 degree day. This never happens here we usually have a ton of snow by now. Last weekend was Thanksgiving break, and I did not come soon enough. I’ve been extremely stressed out about a few things lately and when I get stressed I like to escape to the comforts of home which this break allowed me to do. Going home was great! Thursday my mom, step dad and I all ate a traditional thanksgiving meal topped of by a delicious piece of pumpkin pie. It was a special day in our house since it was 4 years to the day that our cat, Mutthead, decided to make our house his home. I also drove out to my grandfathers grave which I haven’t been to in over a year and said “hi” to him. It was creepy being there at sunset, but really pretty at the same time since the cemetery is at the base of the foot hills. That Friday my buddy and I went out climbing by Red rocks amphitheater. For the end of November it was amazing weather! It felt like it was in the 70′s and probably was such as my slight sunburn can testify to. We ended up dining at this great little hole in the wall pizza place there that night. I can’t wait to go back to that area again. The rest of the weekend was really relaxing. It was good just to sleep in and lounge around the house and play with my cat. Sometimes being in college you don’t really realize how wound up you get until you have a chance to unwind.

Below from top to bottom: 1.) Climbing at limekiln 2.)Mutthead Playing 3.)Climbing at Red Rocks 4.) Reasons why you shouldn’t climb in certain areas, the question is do we listen?

Rob Climbing...

Mutthead playing...

Stuck to a wall

Learning why we shouldn't climb the rocks...