So lately I have been going through what I call the second semester slump. This occurs when you are done with everything and do enough just to get by. For me it occurs every year. I try to pile on as much as I did first semester, and end up taking on more than I can handle. Slowly I drop obligations, forget to do small common sense things, become selfish and do what I want to do. This year it started just before the mock trial competition and luckily spring break has come so I can get my head back in the game. I am going on a cruise with my family. I am so excited since this means I have to turn my cell phone off (do to roaming charges), have a complete brain dump and get back to business. It doesn’t hurt that it gets to occur in the middle of the Caribbean either. I feel bad that I have been neglecting things. Especially things with my friends who I love. I know they won’t hate me forever though. Still neglecting friends or letting them down is something I never want to do. Summer is so close to which makes everything worse, my mind is not on school right now. Its at a restaurant by a lake serving tables to tourists passing through Yellowstone National Park asking me “what time do they let the bears out?” and “where is the switch to old faithful?”. I know I’ll focus more after spring break so I’m not to worried about getting back into school :)

If you find your self going through this, take a weekend to empty your mind. Leave everything behind and remember who you are and why you do what you do. I like to go on a hike or go home for the weekend. Other things may work for other people, what do you do when you get to a point like this?

One Response to “Second semester slump…”
  1. Santi says:

YAY you updated me on ur life LOL even though i talk to u daily….what i do when i get to that point i go outside smoke a cig then go to my friends room and play some cod mw2 for my brain dump here in alamosa if i was at home it would just hang out with friend and mess around

2.