Hey everyone! Hope all of you enjoyed spring break as much as I did. Our cruise director Richard Spacey wasn’t joking when he said adjusting to life off a cruise ship after being on there for a week would be hard. For spring break I had the privilege of taking a trip on the Oasis of the Seas, Royal Carribean’s newest ship and the largest cruise ship in the world currently. This ship can hold 5,400 guests and 600 hundred workers. I has 7 hot tubs, 4 pools, an ice rink, 2 rock walls, a 3 story dining room, a casino, aqua theater and it is also the 1st ship ever to have a carousel on it.
This all began as my grandmother’s quest to get all the immediate family to go on a vacation together. It was fun to have me, my cousins, uncle, aunt, grandma and my dad there. I don’t really get to see my dad since he lives in Florida, so spending time with him was a rare treat. Anyways we ended up going to 3 islands (St. Thomas, St. Maarten and the Bahamas. Out of the 3 St. Thomas was my favorite. It was fun learning about their laws and how the differentiate from our own since they are a U.S. territory. Not to mention the legal drinking age is 18 there so sipping banana daiquiris wasn’t bad either.
I would never go on cruise again, there are way to many crowds for my taste, but it was definitely a fun experience. Here is a video of our crusie director doing his version of the evolution of dance along with a few pictures from the trip.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOyh9-rZ2R8[/youtube]

Oasis of the seas 2010 118

Oasis of the seas 2010 147

Oasis of the seas 2010 062

Oasis of the seas 2010 336

Oasis of the seas 2010 348

One Response to “Life on the Oasis…”
  1. Santi says:

Sounds like you had some fun and i love the pics and the video!

2.