Includes High Altitude Events Center
Adams State will soon begin another $12.7 million worth of campus additions and renovations, including a new High Altitude Events Center, according to President David Svaldi. At its Feb. 9 meeting, the college’s Board of Trustees approved bond financing to continue residence hall renovation and develop facilities for the college’s expanding athletics program.
The financing includes $6.9 million to renovate three wings in the Coronado and Girault residence halls, as well as $3 million to construct the High Altitude Events Center. An additional total of $2.77 million will support:
- Development of a baseball complex
- Conversion of the football practice field to synthetic turf
- First phase renovation of the East Campus (formerly Evans School) to house the Human Performance & Physical Education Department
- Renovation in Plachy Hall to create more locker rooms and meeting rooms
- Repair of the Plachy Hall parking lot