Health Fair and Exempt and Faculty Open Enrollment
Wednesday, Nov. 6
7 – 11 a.m.
This year’s Employee Health Fair now includes bone density tests among the free health screens and blood draws this year. To sign up or obtain more information about the Health Fair please visit the HR website.
Open Enrollment for Faculty and Exempt employees begins Nov. 6. Open enrollment is an opportunity to review your current benefits and make any changes you feel necessary. Employees will have until Wednesday, Nov. 27 to turn in any changes for next year.
Those with Flexible Spending Accounts MUST enroll each year; forms are available from HR. All changes will take effect January 1, 2014.
Employees will soon receive their enrollment packets with current benefit selections, benefit changes for 2014, and forms for employees to return to HR.
Questions or concerns may be directed to Shannon Heersink, ext. 7990.
Announcing the Dependent Eligibility Audit
Through the remainder of the fall semester, Human Resources will conduct a Dependent Eligibility Audit, which is required for all employees with dependents covered under the CHEIBA Trust health plans.
“We appreciate your cooperation in promptly completing this audit, and in helping control the ever-increasing cost of healthcare,” said Human Resources Director Tracy Rogers. She noted the Dependent Eligibility Audit is a critical element in controlling constantly rising healthcare costs. Its goal is to:
- Update the records of all covered family members
- Confirm that each dependent is eligible for the health plan
- Remove any ineligible dependents
In short, the goal is assure that eligible plan participants do not have to pay the costs for dependents who do not meet the eligibility requirements for health coverage.
Employees will complete the Dependent Eligibility Audit on a secure, confidential website designed exclusively for Adams State University. The website will be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from Nov. 4 through Dec. 18, 2011.
- The audit may be completed from any number of places: work, home, local library, or any other location with a high-speed Internet connection.
- The audit is easy to complete and should take approximated 10 to 15 minutes to answer all the questions. Employees will not need to interpret rules, make decisions, or determine eligibility.
- Employees will simply answer factual questions about their marital and child relationships. The online system has the Adams State University eligibility criteria already built in, and that’s what determines eligibility.
- At the end of the end of the audit, the website notify the employee about which documents should be submitted to verify dependent relationships.
Those without Internet access may call the Dependent Eligibility Center and provide answers to a customer service representative.
Audit Benefits All Employees
It has become a smart business practice to conduct dependent eligibility audits because it is not unusual to have ineligible members enrolled (such as ex-spouses, grandchildren, grandparents or friends). The claims of ineligible members cost every member; as our group’s claim experience grows, our premiums increase.
In general, feedback from employees who have participated in these surveys shows they appreciate the employer’s efforts to hold costs down. And since most have nothing to worry about, overall it is seen as a very positive program.
The Audit is Mandatory, with Penalties for Non-Compliance
The Dependent Eligibility Audit is mandatory for ALL employees with covered dependents. Audits that are incomplete, inaccurate, or that are not submitted by the December 18, 2013 deadline will trigger loss of dependent benefits.
It is also possible that you may be asked to provide additional proof documents (such as birth or marriage certificates, federal tax returns, child support agreements, and so on) to verify and confirm your answers to the online audit questions.
The Audit Instructions will be Mailed to Your Home
A few days before the start of the audit, a complete package of instructions about how to complete the audit online will be mailed to employees’ home address. The package will contain all the information needed to successfully complete the audit within 10 to 15 minutes. It will explain in detail:
- The information to gather before starting the online audit
- The web address and appropriate passwords to access the customized audit site
- The toll-free hotline number in case of difficulty navigating the site, understanding the questions, or lack of Internet access.