Entries from August 2011 ↓
August 11th, 2011 — maintenance updates
The following maintenance activities will take place:
- At 5 PM any employees who are logged into Banner are encouraged to log out. Computing Services is troubleshooting a Banner issue which may cause Banner sessions to be dropped shortly.
- At 9:00 PM, the student.adams.edu file server will be replaced with a new file server. Anticipated downtime is roughly 30 minutes.
- At 9:00 PM, minor DNS changes will be made to the Microsoft servers and the Bradford NAC system. No service interruption is anticipated for these changes.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the ASC Computing Services Helpdesk at x7741 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
August 4th, 2011 — maintenance updates
Computing Services will be performing two major maintenance activities this week:
- Beginning at 5:00 PM on Thursday (8/4), network and Internet access on campus will be down as we migrate to the new core router. This device controls all network traffic and requires significant down time for installation and testing. Service is anticipated to be restored by midnight so that Friday campus operations are not affected. Also during this time, a change to our DNS (domain name services) will be made, but should not have any visible impact to our users.
- On Saturday 8/6, the Banner team will be taking the Banner system down briefly from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM and then again from 4:00 to 5:00 PM. All Banner systems should remain functional during the 11-4 window. This outage is needed to allow us to re-establish redundancy that was lost during the recent Banner hardware failures.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we perform these activities in preparation for the fall semester. If you have any questions or concerns, please call the ASC Computing Services Helpdesk at x7741 or contact us via email at email@example.com