Let’s glance back at 2010, and give ourselves a collective pat on the back for some stellar achievements, while also recognizing some milestone events. Here are a few, in no particular order…
- We had our 7th consecutive semester of enrollment growth, resulting in record overall enrollment.
- The men’s cross country program won their 3rd consecutive national title .
- In addition to their overall prowess as runners, the women’s cross country program was recognized for their academic excellence.
- Adams State received its second largest gift in the school’s history, thanks to Dr. John McDaniel.
- Roughly $25 million worth of renovations and new construction on campus were completed, including a new residence hall, major renovation to two existing residence halls, creation of the pedestrian spine and plaza green on north campus, a new soccer-lacrosse-softball complex, a new state-of-the-art ropes course for the Adventure Program, with more on the way in 2011, including renovation of the ES Building, the Music Building, and Leon Memorial Concert Hall.
- We were awarded a new Title V grant, in excess of $3 million.
- We created two new academic programs; a graduate program in Higher Education Administrative Leadership, and an undergraduate interdisciplinary program in early childhood education.
- With some collaboration by our neighbors Trinidad State Junior College, Valley Wide Health Systems, and the San Luis Valley Regional Medical Center, formulated the San Luis Valley Center for Clinical Excellence, including the completion of a million dollar simulation lab in Richardson Hall.
- We have been selected by the Colorado High School Coaches Association to host the All State games on our campus, including Boys and Girls Basketball, Football, Softball, Volleyball, and Wrestling. This is a direct result of the recent upgrades to our athletic facilities.
- Adams State was recently awarded the opportunity to host several statewide conferences of the Future Farmers of America, beginning in the summer of 2011. This will bring over 2000 participants to the valley for several days for this flagship organizational event.
Here’s to continued prosperity and success in 2011!