We mutually agree to:
1. Discuss the challenges of leadership.
2. Describe their personal traits, styles, and philosophies of leadership.
3. Explore individual core leadership skills.
4. Relate vision to a leadership plan.
5. Identify and asses collaborative leadership opportunities.
6. Demonstrate ethics in leadership.
Course Topics & Schedule (subject to change):
Unit 1: Leadership Traits and Personal Competencies
Being a Leader
Leadership Traits, Philosophy, and Style
Unit 2: Group and Team Development
Setting the tone and stage
Dance Floor Theory Leadership
Unit 3: Partnering and Collaboration
Enable Others to Act
Spirit of Community
Unit 4: Leadership as a Social Construct
Leadership is Learned
Unit 5: Impact of Culture and Context on Leadership
Swift Kick Leadership
Salsa, Soul, Spirit