This class will begin by orienting you to the climbing gym and explaining the inherent dangers associated with climbing and how we manage those. From there, the class will dive right into the fun, interactive lessons focusing on how to properly fit a harness, tie a figure-eight-follow-through knot, belay (manage the rope for the climber), use effective spotting techniques, and how to start climbing!
- September 19th (Wed) @ 3 PM
- September 27th (Thurs) @ 3PM
- October 2nd (Tues) @ 2:30 PM
- October 9th (Tues) @ 2:30 PM
- October 16th (Tues) @ 2:30 PM
- October 23rd (Tues) @ 2:30 PM
- October 30th (Tues) @ 2:30 PM
- Every Tuesday @ 2:30 PM through December 11th!
How do you sign up?
- There will be a sign-up sheet posted at the climbing wall or feel free to come into the ASAP Rental Shop to register!
- Please sign up by Friday of the week prior to the class so that we can adequately prepare.
- Feel free to sign up for more than one class…we want you to be competent climbers!
All instructors have taken the Climbing Wall Instructor course and are certified to teach this basic skills class.